Friday, July 17, 2009

The Genie

A Frenchman, an Englishman, and a German were travelling in a boat from France to Australia. Unfortunately, the boat sank but the three men swam to a small island. There was nobody on the island and it was thousands of kilometers from Australia. The men waited for another boat to come but none came. After two months they were very unhappy.

“We will have to live here forever,” said the Englishman.

“We will have to eat bananas every day,” said the German.

“We will never see our families again,” said the Frenchman.

One day the German found an old bottle on the beach. He took the bottle o his two friends. When he opened the bottle a genie came out. The genie said to the three man, “Thank you for letting me out of the bottle. I was inside that bottle for five hundred years. Now I am free. I can give you two wishes each.”

The German said, “I am hungry and thirsty. I want some sausage to eat and some beer to drink. Secondly, I want to go back to Germany”

“Your wishes are granted,” said the genie.

Five seconds later the German disappeared.

Next the Frenchman said, “I am hungry and thirsty, I want some cheese to eat and some wine to drink. Secondly I want to return to my family in France.”

“Your wishes are granted,” said the genie.

Five seconds later the Frenchman disappeared.

“And what do you want?” the genie said to the Englishman.

The Englishman thought for a few minutes. The he said,”……………………..”


“It’s lonely here now. Will you bring back the German and the Frenchman, please…”

(Lessons With Laughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment